- KL founded in the mid-nineteenth century.
Kuala Lumpur skyline at night:
A Growing Metropolis.
- 1896 : Frank Sweettenham took over the administration of colonial KL and imported British architects from India to design grand buildings such as the Sultan Abdul Samad Building.
Sultan Abdul Samad Building
-the building with its beautiful bronze domes.
- The architecture of Kuala Lumpur is a blend of old colonial influences, Asian traditions, Malay Islamic inspirations, modern, and postmodern architecture mix.
St. John Institution, Jalan Bukit Nanas :
- Buildings around KL:
Reflection of KL Tower, one of the KL’s skyscrapers :
KL’s Chinatown or Petaling Street:
- Kuala Lumpur is a hub for cultural activities and events in Malaysia.
View from the SKYBRIDGE KLCC:
Around KL & Petaling Street:
KLCC, The Twin Towers that represent the very essence of modern Malaysia:
- KLCC is part of KL’s urban revitalisation plans.
– City 243.65 km2 (95.18 sq mi)
Elevation 21.95 m (72 ft)
– City 1,809,699 (1st)
– Density 7,388/km2 (18,912/sq mi)
– Metro 7.2 million
Time zone- MST (UTC+8)
– Summer (DST) Not observed (UTC+8)
Postal code 50xxx to 60xxx
Mean solar time UTC + 06:46:48
National calling code 03
p/s : info from the internets, wikipedia and from books.